What is the Cheapest way to upgrade your morning shower?
Men's Body Wash
One of the cheapest ways you can upgrade your morning grooming routine costs about a dollar, helps exfoliate your skin, can help shorten your shower and leaves you smelling great. So what is this magical cheap grooming device? A loofa!
A loofa is a web of plastic netting that is joined in the middle and is used to apply body washes and other shower based soaps to the skin. Many guys shy away from using a loofa because it seems girly to them. Most of them come in frilly girly pastels, so we can see why they may have come to that assumption. But in reality Loofas are one of the most effective ways of taking a shower.
Benefits of using a Loofa
- Creates more suds with less soap.
- Exfoliates the skin all over your body and help remove dead skin cells.
- Allows you to use a body wash instead of having to use bar soap.
- Coats your body with suds much faster than a bar of soap and helps shorten your shower time.
- Doesn’t leave a nasty soap spot in your shower like a bar of soap.
So now that we have looked at some of the benefits of using a loofa for your morning shower, let me give a few tips and tricks on how to use one for your next Manly shower.
How to use a Loofa?
- The first thing you want to do is get the loofa wet by placing it under the shower stream for a second or two.
- The next thing you need to do is apply your favorite men’s body wash. (Notice I said a men’s body wash, don’t start using your girlfriends or you’ll end up smelling like cucumber melon or peach sunrise.)
- I have found that the best way to apply your men’s body wash is to slowly squeeze the bottle over the loofa and turn the loofa so you get some soap on each side of the loofa.
- Now you will want to work the loofa with your hands in order to build up a nice lather. If you want extra suds, pass the loofa under the shower stream very quickly to add a little water to the mix.
- Now that you have a solid lather built up, use the loofa to apply soap to your whole body and rinse off.
- Your all clean now and your skin is exfoliated and looking great, but your loofa is still coated in soap. So fully rinse all the soap out of it by placing it directly under your shower head. Give it a few squeezes while under the water stream to make sure all the soap is gone.
- Now that it is clean, give it a final squeeze to get as much water as you can out of it and hang it up to dry. Do not leave your loofa laying on a counter or any other surface in your bathroom. The moisture in it can harbor bacteria. So remember to always hang it up so it can air dry.
So what are you waiting for? Upgrade your morning shower with a loofa! They cost roughly a dollar, shave time off of your morning grooming routine, and leave your exfoliated and healthy.